Telford Cat Sitting
My name is Chris Prescott and I am a devoted pet sitter/cat sitter providing a very caring, professional pet sitting/cat sitting service in the Telford area including Saint George’s, Snedhill, Old Park, The Rock, Dawley, Dawley Bank, Lawley Bank, Malinslee, Red Lake, Ketley Bank, Overdale, Newdale, Lawley, Oakengates, Beveley, Hadley, Wrockwardine Wood, Donnington, Trench, Muxton, Leegomery, Wellington, Little Dawley, Brookside, Woodside, Madeley, Sutton Hill, Broseley, Broseley Wood, Coalbrookdale, Ironbridge, Spring Village, Shifnal, Horsehay, Willey, Ryton, Sheriffhales and Uppington.
Why it’s great for your cats to stay at home
With my service, rather than have your cat suffer the unfamiliar surroundings of a cattery - it can stay at home in a familiar and stress-free environment!
Most cats are very territorial and when taken away from their familiar home surroundings, they can become very stressed. Please check out the background to this by clicking “Why Cats Hate Catteries”.
I don’t just feed your cats and maintain litter tray hygiene. The other important aspect is that depending on their requirements and age, I also provide lots of play, cuddles and company to ensure they are happy and content whilst you are away.
Cats are a massive part of my life and I have several qualifications including Feline Behaviour and Psychology (which helps me to minimise cat anxiety and stress). I also have a Pet Sitting Diploma, a Pet First Aid qualification, a Basic Disclosure Police Check and public liability insurance.
How my personal service will benefit you and your cats
- I have owned and loved cats throughout my life, so you can leave your cats at home safe in the knowledge that they are in the care of a loving and compassionate professional who has a great understanding of how they behave.
- I will visit you free of charge before you go away to meet you and get to know all about the requirements of you and your cat.
- I carry out all cat visits personally so you can be assured that “what you have seen is what you will get!” I am totally reliable and trustworthy. I will spend quality time with your cats and indulge them in their favourite pastimes – playtime, lap time, grooming or just being there as their friend and companion.
- I will visit your cat as often as you wish – most cats only require one visit per day, but if you require more daily visits, I will happily fit this into my schedule.
- It goes without saying that I am happy to look after just one cat or several cats!
- In the unlikely event that your cat is unwell whilst you are away, I will seek veterinary advice and take your cat to your vet if required. I will also administer any necessary medications that your cat requires.
- I am available throughout the year including Christmas and New Year for any length of time you require (from one day upward). I can also be available at short notice to cover business trips, weekends away or family emergencies, and I will always go the “extra mile” to help my customers if they have to extend their time away.
- I will ensure that all cat dishes and bowls are maintained to the highest hygienic standards.
- Although my primary service is caring for cats, I am happy to feed fish or look after other small ‘furries’.
- I will put out bins, pick up post, and water plants. Please be assured that I will treat your property with the utmost respect.
- My visits are discrete - as there is no branding on my car or clothing.
- I do not look after dogs - so I will not come into your house smelling of “dog” (which can alarm some cats).
According to my family I am the a ‘Crazy Cat Lady’. In addition to cats, when I was growing up my family had goats, ducks, geese, budgies, a rabbit, a tortoise, gerbils and dogs!!!
In my earlier career I worked for the Ministry of Defence for 10 years attached to the RAF education branch, before joining a small local family business in Bridgwater where I was born and grew up.
I then trained as a primary school teacher, spending time in Basildon before returning home to assist with the care of my parents who both had health concerns.
My caring nature prompted me to spend several years working with non-verbal autistic adults and also with elderly people with a range of conditions and illnesses - and I am delighted to say that this caring aspect of my personality is now fully focused on cats.
Whenever I have any “spare” time (!!!) I am an avid walker and have completed two half marathon walks to raise money for Cancer Research UK. My goal one day is to walk the West Highland Way.
In 2018 I moved to Telford to be closer to my sister - and this means that cat owners living in and around Telford who only want the very best care for their cats can now benefit all year round from my Home Loving Cats cat sitting service.
My own cats
I currently have 2 rescue cats. Timmy (“Trouble”) a white and black gentleman who is afraid of his own shadow. He turned up one day and never went away! Rosie (“Ginger Rosie”) is a beautiful ginger and white ‘lady’ whose owner had sadly passed away. I believe that Rosie thinks she is really a dog - as she behaves like our old Labrador ‘Nipper’. (Perhaps he has returned as a cat !?!)
If you have a caring nature and are looking to give a “forever” home to a deserving cat that is really in need, perhaps you might wish to consider contacting either Shropshire Cat Rescue or Cats Protection (Telford & District).
Get in touch today!
If you want your cats to have a really lovely and stress-free time whilst you travel away, then please CONTACT ME by initially entering your full postcode in the form at the top of any website page.
See you soon!